How To Claim and Verify Your Google Business Profile
written byDigital Dave
We will show you how to set up your Google Business Profile (GBP). You must first claim your business and then verify that you are the true owner. You can follow the detailed steps provided in this video or the following:
2. Click on the "Start now" button and sign in with your Google account. If you don't have a Google account, you'll need to create one.
3. Search for your business by name or address. If your business is already listed, you'll be prompted to claim it.
4. If your business isn't listed, you'll need to add it by clicking on the "Add your business" button and entering the necessary information, including the business name, address, and phone number.
5. After you've entered the information for your business, Google will send a verification code to the address or phone number you provided.
6. Enter the verification code you received in the appropriate field and click on the "Verify" button.
7. Once your business is verified, you'll be able to access and manage your Google My Business listing.
8. It is important to note that, depending on the business type, address, or service area, google may require additional verification methods like postcard verification or phone call verification.
It is very easy to get started with Google. We cannot stress it enough just how important it is to get on verified. There are numerous search engines out there, but the one that most people flock to the most is the mega-giant, Google.
Love them or hate them, it doesn't matter when you have a business to run and thousands of locals are searching for you!